The California Legislature will vote on high-speed rail this month.
Send Message that it is Time to Embrace the Future NOW!!
We are truly at a make it or break it moment for high-speed rail in California and in America. The California Legislature must decide by July 1st to release Proposition 1A high-speed rail bond funds to match $3.3 billion in federal grants.
If you live in California, it is critcal that you call your representative and senator to urge them to move forward without delay.
If you don't live in California, please ask your California friends to make the call.
High-speed rail remains a top priority for a broad and diverse set of leaders and stakeholders all around California, including business, labor, transportation and livability advocates, who agree that we cannot delay getting started.
High-speed rail will help the economy and the state budget now because of massive job creation. Quality middle-class jobs will better the lives of thousands of families and improve the economy now and the tax revenues generated by new jobs will help bolster California's finances.
Long-term, high-speed rail provides a foundation for ongoing economic prosperity because it provides a solution to our overtaxed transportation system and will free us from volatile fuel costs, helping businesses and individuals prosper.
California legislators need to know that there is broad support. It is critical that supporters call their representatives and senators urging them to move forward without delay.
Here's what happens if they vote YES:
- Construction begins in the Central Valley on the nation's first dedicated high-speed line.
- Caltrain, the San Jose - San Francisco commuter line, gets electrified by 2018.
- ACE commuter rail and Amtrak's San Joaquin and Capitol Corridors get upgraded with new coordinated service.
- Metrolink's Antelope Valley and San Bernardino lines get upgraded.
- The stage will be set to close the missing link between Bakersfield and Los Angeles.
It is critical that legislators hear from their constituents that they support a YES vote.
Help make California High Speed Rail a reality!